New Job: Senior Hardware Design Engineer / Team Leader, Oxfordshire, UK
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 15:25
- Paul Griffiths
Job Title: Senior Hardware Design Engineer / Team Lead
Location: Oxford area
Permanent, £45k – £55k + benefits
Senior Hardware Design Engineer / Team Lead with strong analogue design skills is required by our Oxfordshire based client to work as part of a team developing high speed digital and analogue electronics systems through the full product development cycle. As a senior design role, first class communication, organization skills are required. Proven experience in leading a team of design engineers is also strongly desirable.
The Senior Hardware Design Engineer / Hardware Team Leader will:
• Manage a team of Hardware and firmware engineers developing high speed digital and analogue electronics systems.
• Manage the full product development cycle; contribute to and lead technically demanding projects; and integrate effectively with a talented multi-disciplinary team of like-minded people.
• Develop designs from initial concept to completed functioning prototype so that product ideas are developed as quickly as possible into designs that can be manufactured, tested and maintained.
• Design circuits and draw schematics so that accurate circuit information is available to the PCB designers.
• Work with the PCB design team to ensure that the PCB design will perform as specified
• Work with the FPGA design team to complete the design.
• Undertake testing and debugging of the design, ensuring that the design meets the design specification
• Provide all necessary information so to originate accurate and complete manufacturing information.
• Where appropriate provide support to the Service and Production departments to resolve design and other component issues.
• Where appropriate, aid with system design and identify problems with both hardware and software, at the system level.
To be considered for this Senior Hardware Design Engineer, you will have:
• Good honours degree in electronic engineering or a related subject.
• Experience analogue designer.
• Significant recent professional experience in hardware related projects.
• Recent experience designing and debugging high speed digital circuit boards with current generation CPUs and FPGAs
• Experience in board level design and developing significant hardware components.
• Experience of working with high speed serial signals (GHz+) (e.g. Serdes GIG-E)
• Familiarity with software and hardware tools and off-the-shelf packages that can be utilized for system development.
• Able to work with various kinds of hardware and to assist with software integration.
• The ability to quickly translate user requirements or technical propositions into practical designs.
• Proven ability to deliver complex projects on time and on budget.
Desirable skills include experience with SHARC DSPs, experience of analogue audio design, experience of power supply design, familiarity with signal integrity issues and simulation, experience of design for EMC compliance and familiarity with Altera and/or Xilinx devices and tools.
To apply, please visit the jobs section of our site.