New Job: DSP Software Engineer, Worcestershire, UK
- Published on Friday, 12 July 2013 17:04
- Paul Griffiths
Audio DSP Engineer
Permanent: £Depending on Experience
DSP Software Engineer is required by our client, a leading manufacturer of pro audio equipment to join its Research and Development team in Worcestershire commutable from Kidderminster, Birmingham, Telford, Wolverhampton, Worcester, Redditch, Bromsgrove and surrounds.
Playing a major role within a small design team developing world class products for the professional audio market you will specialise in DSP development, especially algorithms for sound manipulation and management that are effective, efficient and innovative as required.
This will include the development of audio DSP software whilst working with hardware and embedded designers to debug designs and develop effective software test strategies. You’ll document and archive data consistent with company practice and assist in the specification of hardware platforms.
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of audio DSP algorithms and their coding with a strong understanding of DSP assembly language (ideally for SHARC). Good knowledge of C & C++ and experience with real-time environments is also required.
Desirable skills include:
- Exposure to audio data compression algorithms and codecs
- Experience with databases and their use via remote systems (e.g. via SOAP)
- Exposure to computer hardware interfaces such as USB, FireWire, PCI etc.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Familiarity with GNU toolchain
Interested? Please apply via the jobs section of our website or email email@example.com